Sunday, November 1, 2009

Should I take it? Will I even get in?

During the summer I thought a lot about what I wanted to do with regards to the 2-credit comm. tech. On one hand, if I took the course, I would have it all year, which would be a really good chance for me to learn a lot. But on the other hand, taking the course would mean that I’d have to drop another course, and I was not sure which one I should drop, I wanted to take them all! Another thing I was concerned about was the workload and stress; in the past the 2-credit class was always run by around 20 people, so now to have it run by 8 would mean that we are all responsible for more work, and I wasn’t sure if I could, let alone wanted to, handle it.

At the end of the summer, after talking to a friend about the decision, I decided to take the class (if I was accepted). On the first day of school I showed up not knowing what to expect, i thought about it, and decided that even if I didn’t get in, I would still take the 1 credit and be happy…but I still wanted to get in. I looked for name to find on the list to find my first period class, which to my surprise was Comm. Tech, but I wasn’t sure if this was the 2-credit class or not. I arrived at my class and saw 7 others sitting at the table in class, I then realized that I was the 8th and final member of the class, I was accepted into 2-credit! Even thought I was still worried about whether or not I could handle it, I was overjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment