Sunday, November 15, 2009

Planning for the second episode

Last Thursday, I found out that my class was going to start working on our second episode. I was pretty excited about the whole thing, because I was eager to produce a much better episode than we had last time. On Friday I realized that no one had assigned me a job, so after asking people in the class, they designated me to do a video on the upcoming peace vigil. I was pretty confident in my abilities until I realized two things: one, that the episode was going to be the following Friday (which was yesterday), and two, that I was going to be away Monday and Tuesday for field trips. This meant that I wouldn’t be able to work on my video until Wednesday! I was pretty worried and I understood that there was no time for messing around; I had to start as soon as I could. This meant that I had to plan out my idea. I decided that it would be a good idea to film my Chaplain, who organized the peace vigil, talking about the event; while he was talking, I would show footage of last years peace vigil (this is called b-roll), so that everyone can really see what the whole thing is about. I was pretty happy with my idea and excited to get to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment