Sunday, November 1, 2009

When are we going to film?

At first I was having fun doing VTR and being part of announcements, but after a while I got bored. I felt like we weren’t really doing anything in class other than announcements and because of that, we weren’t learning anything about film production, like I wanted to. Another problem I had was that we weren’t switching jobs for announcements, meaning that everyday I was VTR, and all I had to pretty much do was push play and stop a couple times, this meant that I didn’t even get the chance to try doing the other studio jobs . I was getting really upset at this and I began to regret that I joined the class; I was expecting to learn things I could use in the future so maybe I’d be able to get into a career in film one day. I was talking to another friend in the class and they felt the same way too, and we decided that we need to discuss this with our teacher.

Before we got the chance to ask our teacher, he told the class that we are going to start working on the next episode of DYTV. Suddenly I was no longer disappointed just excited. Finally! We were going to go out and film some stuff that the whole school would see. My job was to make commercials for upcoming events at the school with another classmate.

For my upcoming event, I decided to make a commercial for the school’s annual “Jam Night”, which allowed my school’s students to perform acoustic songs in front of a live audience. I was pretty excited about it as it was my first segment; I knew that it had to be really good so that I could make a good first impression. For my commercial, I decided that it would be a good idea to show what Jam Night is about and the type of music you would hear. Therefore, I decided to film 2 of my friends performing a song. I used 2 cameras; one operated by myself and the other by a friend, I cut the videos together so that I could have different shots. I was pretty happy with the commercial after it was done, and I actually received praise from some other people in the class, it made me really confident about it and I was very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment