Sunday, November 1, 2009

The First Episode

While my class of 8 had filmed all of the segments for the episode of DYTV (and 2 were going to be talent), it was decided that the 1-credit class was to perform the other studio jobs so that they would get more experience about how the production works. Even though it was a good idea, it sadly resulted in what I think was bad episode. It wasn’t really their fault, because I don’t think they had enough time to learn jobs thoroughly. I think that the same thing would have happened if my class had been running the episode, had we not been trained through the announcements. I think that the main problem was the audio, there was a lot of trouble with microphones and whatnot, and no one really knew what to do (I wouldn’t have either, because I didn’t have the chance to do audio).

However I don’t think that the technical difficulties were the only problem, to put it in the words of my teacher, our segments weren’t up to par. He showed us where we went wrong and how we can improve what we did; he also said that he wouldn’t count this as mark, because it was only our first time (I was really relieved because I receive a B- on mine!). After reviewing the episode, I too realized the mistakes we made, I was disappointed that I did not do a better job but knew that I was going to get another opportunity to redeem myself for next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment