Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Today was another day at home because I’m sick, which meant another day of boredom. While I was watching TV, I noticed that the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was on. I’ve heard a lot of great things about the movie, and decided that I’d watch it. For those of you who haven’t heard about the movie, it’s about the life of a man who’s aging backwards. At the beginning of the movie he looks like an old man, and at the end he looks like a baby. He leads a very interesting life because of his peculiar condition; as all his friends and family watch him get younger as they grow old.

This was a really amazing movie. It was really long (about 3 hours) but I enjoyed every minute. While it was a very captivating story for me, my favourite thing about the movie was the use of CGI and make-up. Because Benjamin is getting younger, it is necessary for these technologies to be used to create the image of Benjamin at different ages. For example, this technology is used to make Brad Pitt (who plays Benjamin) look like an 85 year old man at the beginning and a 20 year old near the ending, and all the ages in between. I decided to write a blog about this because it excites me about how advanced technology in the film industry has become. It’s truly remarkable how realistic it looks that Brad Pitt is all of these ages (at different parts of the movie). It’s awesome seeing movies like these which really put the latest technology to use; I really hope that one day I’ll be able to work with this kind of technology to make movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment