Sunday, November 15, 2009

My segment

On Wednesday morning I had to get straight to work. During first period I went downstairs to the Chapel with a friend so that we could film my Chaplain talking about the peace vigil. He spoke really well and I was happy with everything he said, however I found that he spoke for too long, this was not supposed to be a very long segment. Nevertheless, I knew that I could just edit some things and cut out some of what he said; it wouldn’t be very noticeable because I was planning to have b-roll over his voice. The period was finished by the time I had filmed everything and transferred it to the computer, so I ended up going to comm. tech after school to continue editing. I asked my teacher for the footage of last year’s peace vigil, and he had informed me that he was unsure of its location, let alone if he even had it anymore. This threw a monkey wrench in my whole plan! If I didn’t have b-roll, I wouldn’t have anything to show over the talking, and if I just showed the talking, it would be a very boring segment! I decided to start finding pictures on “Flickr” that I could show in the segment, in the hopes that it would make it look better.

After a lot of work on the segment, I was still pretty unhappy. Everyone in the class knew it wasn’t really my fault, and said it looked pretty good considering the circumstances, but still I was disappointed. I mean, I knew I had made it look better than it initially was, but I wished that I had more time to work on it. I was pretty uneasy about what the rest of the school would think on Friday. But now there was no more time to worry about my own segment, it was time to think about the episode as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment