Sunday, November 8, 2009

Jam Night

Every year my school has an event called Coffee House Jam Night. It’s similar to the idea of a talent show, but it focuses around just music, specifically, the music that you would hear in a coffee house, which is usually acoustic. For them to have a successful night, they need to have sound technicians to set up the microphones, and adjust the audio and fix problems throughout the night. They also needed people to film the performances as well as interviews with people. Like all school events, my class was in charge of these jobs, and I, specifically, was in charge of sound. The only problem was that I hadn’t done sound before, so I needed to learn quickly. I was really eager because I wanted to learn for a while, because it seemed like a pretty cool job, and I knew that I’d need it in comm. tech when we switch jobs for announcements or DYTV.

On the day of Jam Night, my class had to stay after school to set up all of the equipment, which was surprisingly a lot of work. I did actually have fun though; I learned how to set up everything, and how to use the sound mixer. Throughout the night there were some troubles but my teacher watched over me the whole time and pretty much showed me everything I need to know. Jam Night was really great this year and I was really happy to play a part in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment