Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I want to be certified too!

Hey Blogger, I just wanted to write a blog to talk about a problem I’m having in comm. tech currently. At the school we have very expensive cameras called the DVX, and to use them we must acquire DVX certification by the teachers which is determined by a test. To put it bluntly, if you don’t pass the test, you don’t use the camera! Anyways, the test comprises of a lot of important functions on the camera that are both useful and crucial when filming things.

Now, before certification, we started using the cameras to film announcements and as time went on, we never really received a proper lesson on how to use the cameras, and therefore I do not fully understand how to use the DVX camera. The reason this upsets me is because the other classes in comm. tech have all been taught how to use it and have been certified.

My class of 8 is supposed to be the leaders of comm. tech, and we are supposed to know about how to run all of the equipment, how can I be in the leadership class of this program if I am not even certified and the other classes know more about it than me? A couple times I have had other students ask me a question about the camera and I’ve been unable to answer them. I really want to learn how to use the camera but it’s so late in the semester that I’m embarrassed to ask my teacher about how to use the camera. However, I’ve decided that I can’t go on without the knowledge so I am going to ask someone in the other class to teach me how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment