Thursday, October 15, 2009

Comm Tech

When I first entered high school I realized that I would have a great opportunity to learn about film production. This chance emerged from the Comm. Tech course offered at my school. Even though you can’t take it in grade 9, the idea of being in the course the following year (in grade 10) caught my attention immediately.
The course allows you to learn all about the different aspects of film; such as learning how to use a professional camera and editing your footage. After the grade 10 course, a special course is offered to the outstanding students for grade 11. Around 20 people were chosen for this 2-credit course. The class was responsible for creating a television program, called DYTV, for the school that informed them about upcoming events. It also allowed the students of the class to gain experience and knowledge, not only in how to use equipment properly, but also in the way that a real news program might run. I was really interested in this course and was determined to be a part of it.
First I had to take the grade 10 course. I selected comm. tech as one of my electives but to my surprise I did not get in, needless to say it was a very popular class and filled up very quickly. I was very saddened by this but yet I knew I should not give up, after all this was my passion! I decided to talk to Mr. F, the comm. tech teacher to see if there was any way I could get into the class. He told me that I wouldn’t be able to transfer into the class because there were not enough computers. However, he realized how much I wanted to be in this class, so he put an extra computer in the class for me.
I was very grateful and thanked him many times. I knew from the beginning that this was going to be an amazing experience. Up until now, I didn’t really have any real experience other than filming my brother’s soccer games, now I was finally going to learn about to learn more about my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment