Saturday, October 31, 2009

2-Credit Comm. Tech?

In March, I had to pick my courses for grade 11. This year I had 5 electives, and had to choose my courses wisely because I needed to take courses depending on what I want to do after high school. I always considered film production or photography an option, and having the opportunity to take comm. tech and photography as electives sounded too good to be true. However I wasn’t sure if that is what I want to do after high school for sure, nevertheless I still selected comm. tech and photography as 2 courses. I needed to take 1 social studies course to complete one of the compulsorily standards to graduate, so I selected World History. I also knew that it was important to take sciences so that I could at least keep my options open, so I selected physics and chemistry.

As I mentioned before, there is a special 2 credit course for comm. tech that students who took it grade 10 get recommended for. In April, I found out that I had been recommended for the course, I was simply ecstatic! I was especially excited because most of my close friends that took the course had been recommended too, next year I was going to have a class with so many close friends!

However my bubble soon burst, when I found out that the teacher of the 2 credit course had decided to change the course to a class of only 8. He asked us all to write a letter about why we want to be in the class. I wrote my letter, in the hopes that I would be accepted yet I began think about what would course I would drop so that I could take Comm. Tech both semesters and if taking this course was the best thing to do. We were not to find out who had been accepted into the course until September, and so this thought followed me all through the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment