Sunday, December 6, 2009

The third episode: What? I'm Talent?

We started planning for the episode on the Thursday before the other class’ one aired. We only had a couple days to shoot and edit as our episode was in a week. My job this week was the feature segment, with my friend Steven. For this episode, the feature segment was going to be about the Christmas basket drive that was happening at the school. In addition to that, it was determined that Steven and I were going to be talent for the episode (for those of you who haven’t read my previous blogs, talent is the name for the people on camera, i.e. the hosts).

I was really excited and nervous at the same time. I mean, talent had to memorize a script and was performing live in front of over two thousand people, it’s kind of like acting and I had never acted in my life! But at the same time I thought it was going to be an awesome experience, I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be talent, and I always wanted to try it at least once. The thing I was most worried about was coming off “cheesy” during the conversation between Steven and me. I just wanted to make sure that everyone would enjoy us as hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment