Sunday, January 10, 2010

My screenplay

I never really thought of myself as a good writer before. I’ve actually always gotten pretty good marks in English, but it’s always been tough for me. It was actually my least favorite subject because I hated interpreting books and writing essays. But since grade 10, I’ve actually begun to like English class more because I got read some amazing books which have really changed my life (I’m talking about you, To Kill a Mockingbird). I guess I was inspired by these books because a couple months ago, I had this craving to write one too. I know its random right? But I guess I wanted to write a book so that someone will enjoy my book the way I enjoyed the books that I read.

Since then I’ve somewhat changed my mind in what I want to do. Instead of writing a book, I’ve decided to incorporate my passion into it. That’s right, I’m going to write a screenplay, AND, if it turns out well, I plan to take advantage of the equipment in comm. tech and film and edit it as well. I’m really excited to see my ideas come alive on film and I think it will be a great way to get some experience in the various jobs in film production. I’m not exactly sure what I want it to be about, but I was thinking that it could be about high school life, and that I could include some of my own experiences. I really haven’t given it much thought yet though, so I might change my mind, but we’ll see. Anyways I probably won’t have a chance to start writing for a while because I’ve got a lot of work to do in the next couple weeks (exams, CPTs, 1500 word essays on Death of a Salesman, etc.) but I’ll keep you updated about how the writing goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment