Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Aspiration

Since I was a child, movies have always mesmerized me. I enjoyed going to the theatres because the experience was like no other. I was in awe, staring at the big screen as a story unfolded before me. I admired the actors in the films because they got to be involved in productions that entertained so many. I wished to be part of it as well. As I grew older I realized that movies weren’t just about the actors on screen, it was about all the people who worked behind the scenes as well such as the director, the writer and the cinematographer. As I was learning about all the work that went into one movie, became very interested in film production.

For a long time, I was never really sure what I wanted to do with my life. I had an interest in film, but I felt like it was an unrealistic idea because it was such a competitive field and I had no experience. I tried to consider other fields I could work in and tried to find what I like best, but in the end, working in the film industry was always in the back of my mind.

Not too long ago, the idea of a career in film became more feasible than I had previously thought. When I took the comm. tech course, I got the experience that I was craving and over the course of this year, I got to learn a lot. Since then, I’ve been thinking more and more about it and have decided that I am going to pursue a career in film. Getting a job in this field would really make me happy. I’m not really sure what exactly I want to do in film yet because there are so many jobs, it’s just so hard to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment