Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Why I Blog

When I first started blogging, my only reason for starting to blog was simply for and assignment for English class. My teacher decided to try out something new by getting the students in the class to start blogs about their “passion”. We have to write at least 4 times a week and post it on our profile. I was really confused about why he was giving this assignment and what significance it had, but yet, I knew I had to do it since it was contributing to part of my mark.
To be honest, at first it seemed weird to me that I was going to write stuff about myself on the internet for everyone to see, but now I don’t feel like it’s a very big deal. After I wrote my first blog, I realized that I actually enjoy blogging. I enjoy writing blogs because it feels so liberating, I can write about anything I want and in any way I want! I don’t have to worry about proper form and all that. I never really thought of myself as a writer but blogging makes it really easy to write, I guess because I choose the topic.
It feels good to talk about something I love to do, and knowing that someone (even if it’s only my teacher) will be listening to what I have to say, the only thing I’m actually worried about is if I will have enough to talk about for all the posts that we have to make in the next 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment