Sunday, March 27, 2011

I want school to end...but I don't.

My life is school. Plain and simple. Everything between is filler. I don't want it to be, but it is. I'm constantly being bombarded by homework, assignments, and tests that I don't have time for much else. Sure there's the occasional time spent with friends or my girlfriend, but there's never a day where I get to say "I have no homework" or even "I don't have much homework", instead, I'm reduced to saying "Sorry, I can't hang out because I have so much homework". And so, my life has fallen into a constant day-to-day formula of: wake up feeling tired, get ready for school, go to school, come home from school, do homework all night, go to bed late, wake up feeling tired, etc. I want to break out of this schedule but I just can't seem to do it.

My girlfriend tried to assure me today that school will be over soon, but that just stresses me even more. High school has gone by so fast that, I feel like I'm still just a kid, and I'm unsure if I'm ready to go out into the real world, into university/college, and, in what frightens me the most, adulthood.

So as you can see I've got mixed emotions, I hate dealing with the stress of high school, but at the same time, I don't want to leave because after this comes the real world. I wonder if I'm the only one that feels this way, and sometimes I think that I am, all my friends seem really confident in their plans for the future and I'm not. I just don't know what to do. I'm scared of being a failure.

Anyways that's it for now. Later Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment